Timothy Michael Sweet Esq.
Timothy M. Sweet, Esq. is an only child who grew up in Woonsocket and Warwick, R.I. What he remembers most about his childhood is playing hockey, watching movies with his dog Midnight, and generally blowing off his homework. Today he is a happily-married attorney and author living in Pawtucket, R.I. He graduated from Bishop Hendricken High School near the top of his class in 2001, from Providence College in 2005, and from Roger Williams University School of Law in 2008. Prior to opening The Law Office of Timothy M. Sweet, LLC in Barrington, R.I. Timothy served as an intern in the public sector for the Department of Administration in the field of labor law and then went on to the private sector where he became the In-House Counsel for a major medical organization in North Providence, R.I. and later a Litigation Associate for the Moyer Law Office in Warwick, R.I. He opened his own practice in September of 2012. While in law school Timothy earned the Community Service Award for performing over one-hundred hours of pro bono work. He continues his pro bono work today, volunteering for the ACLU, the VLP, Clean Water Action, and other organizations. A bit of an art dilettante, Timothy’s office offers free representation to artists struggling with constitutional matters.
Timothy has written two books, “The White Rabbit” and “Suzanne”.
When Timothy is not at the office he spends his time reading, listening to music, and teaching. He is a member of the Rhode Island Bar Association, the RI Family Law Bench Bar Committee and the RI Criminal Law Bench Bar Committee.
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law
- 60% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Rhode Island, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island, 2012
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island
- J.D. – 2008
- Honors: Community Service Award for Performing Over One-Hundred Hours of Pro Bono Work
- Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island
- B.S. – 2005
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Law Bench Bar Committee, Member, 2012 – Present
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island Family Law Bench Bar Committee, Member
- Rhode Island Criminal Law Bench Bar Committee, Member