skip to Main Content
Office 1-401-216-6506 Text Tim 1-401-595-1665

No. You can’t have a new judge.

Lawyers get asked lots of questions. We collect questions. Lots and lots of questions. A few of these even have answers. Other questions are not worthy of responses. So, no, you cannot file a Motion to get a new judge appointed to your case.

Please, understand, your judge does not dislike you. Your judge does not have anything against you (probably). They are, in fact, listening to what you / your attorney have to say (even if it doesn’t seem like it). And, no, they don’t particularly want to hear your entire story. Your judge has thirty-eight other cases today, all of which require at least temporary dispositions. And, no matter what judge you have, they will all apply the same statutory and common law (in the same jurisdiction). The facts don’t change. The law won’t change. Each and every one of them is just trying to figure out what is in the best interests of the child or children. Stop worrying about whether your judge really understands you and try to understand your judge. You and your children will be better off for it.

Back To Top